As mentioned in the last post, we’re going to start a series insha’Allah Monday, April 13th on the tafseer of Juz ‘Amma, the 30th juz of the Qur’an.
Here’s what you can expect in the next while:
- The whole juz. As much as possible, I will post gems, points, tafseer, etc. from every single surah in this juz–even if it’s not necessarily the most actionable thing.
- Every single day. Insha’Allah I will write one post per day, albeit shorter posts. This will hopefully make it easier to focus on different aspects and learn in more manageable pieces.
- Arabic language. I will add points from the Arabic language–most probably explanations of words, but also perhaps some grammar–to each post. Please make sure you give me feedback so I know how much is too much or too little.
- Uloom-ul-Qur’an. I’ll mention, where it’s well-known with little difference of opinion, whether the surah was Mecci or Medini (i.e. revealed before or after the hijrah), and any reasons of revelation that may have occured.
- Gems. As per regular Ilm Fruits style, the core information will contain gems and actionable items, insha’Allah, for you to take away, in typical Ilm Fruits style :)
- Test your Knowledge. At the end of the series, we’ll have a short quiz or test on the material. This will help you know if you understand or don’t understand the material. Format will be decided later, but don’t be surprised if there is a short-answer or long-answer question on it :D
So with that, we’ll begin Monday, April 13th insha’Allah. Also, I want to stress that, because I intend to cover the entire juz, the series will NOT end at the end of April. It may take longer–a week, a month, I can’t say–but insha’Allah we will get it done.
Are you excited?
Posts in this Series
- The Beginning of Revelation
- Arabic Analysis for First Revelation
- Making a Statement
- Du’a for Wealth and Poverty
- Ripped Limb From Limb
- Tafseer of Surah Lahab
- Painting a Picture… a Really BIG Picture
- Tafseer of Surah Al-‘Ala
- You Choose the Path
- The Reality of Honour and Life
- Tafseer of Surah Duhaa
- Tafseer of Surah Inshrah
- The Reality of Time
- When the War-Horses Pant …
- Indeed, We Gave You Al-Kawthar
- Al-Hakumu At-Takathur …
- Do YOU Encourage Good?
- Those Who Show Off in Their Salah
- Say: O You Kafiroon …
- The Carpet-Bombed Elephant
- Tafseer of Surah Tawheed
- Tafseer Surah Abasa: What Really Matters?
- Tafseer Surah Qadar: What’s Better Than 1000 Months?
- Tafseer Surah Shams: One Man’s Sin
- Tafseer Surah Burjooj: Fitnah
- Tafseer Surah Tin
- Arabic Analysis of Surah At-Teen
- Tafseer Surah Qaari’ah: The Striking Calamity
- Arabic Analysis of Surah Qaari’ah
- Tafseer Surah Quraysh
- Tafseer Surah Balad, Part 1: Life is Toil
- Tafseer Surah Balad, Part 2: Iqtahamaa
- Arabic Analysis of Surah Balad
- Tafseer Surah Humazah: The Crusher
- Tafseer Surah Tariq: You Will Be Recreated
- Tafseer Surah Ghashiyah: Heaven and Hell
- Tafseer Surah Naba’, Part 1
- Tafseer Surah Naba’, Part 2
- Tafseer Surah Naba’, Part 3: Contemplate
- Tafseer Surah Nazi’at, Part 1
- Tafseer Surah Nazi’at, Part 2