بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives.
Here is the sunnah items, we will be focusing on in this week:
Sunnah’s of Eating:
- Pronounce the Tasmiya (Bismilla) [Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 65 :: Hadith 288]
- If you forget to say Bismillah, before starting, say this supplication. [At-Tirmidhee 5/506]
- Eat with the right hand
- Eat from what is infront of you
- If some food drops, clean it and then eat it [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5044]
- Eat with three fingers [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5040]
- Eat together [Dawud :: Book 27 : Hadith 3755]
- Not finding faults in food [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5121]
- Lick the bowl and the finger [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5043]
- Praise Allah – Supplication Link. As per the hadith in [At-Tirmidhee, The Book of Supplications, Hadeeth 3458], whoever says this dua after eating, his previous sins will be forgiven.
Tip of the Week:
Go through the list again and for each item, ask yourself “Do I follow this sunnah most of time , or some of the time, rarely or not at all” and then act accordingly.
- Share this post on Facebook.
- 1000 Sunnah Per Day and Night [View/Download]
- Booklet: Sunnah Checklist – published by Alhuda International
- More than 1000 Sunan for Every Day & Night – Dar us Salam
- IslamQa – The etiquette of eating, with detailed evidence
Previous Post in this Series:
- Week 1 – On Waking Up
- Week2 – Entering and After Entering the Washroom
- Week3 – On Coming out of Washroom and Making Ablution
- Week4 – Duas after the Salah
- Week 5 – Making dua, Having breakfast and Responding to Adhan
- Week 6 – Dressing Up, Walking
- A Siwaak a Day