For those of you who have not heard of the AlMaghrib institute, they deliver amazing and life-changing double-weekend seminars on Islam–with topics ranging from tafseer of Surah Baqarah to Usool-ul-Fiqh to the history and downfall of the Muslim empire.
Subhanallah, these classes truly change your life. You learn more in two days then in the past two years of your life–and sometimes, more then you learned your whole life! And the teachers draw sources from many varied sources, from classical Arabic texts to recent pop-psychology books to everything in-between.
So if you get the chance, give your excuses a black eye and take an AlMaghrib class! You won’t regret it inshallah! They hold classes in at least a dozen cities in North America, and constantly look for more places to begin teaching!
Many of our sources are from AlMaghrib classes. With these, you can be sure that the content is not the opinion of one or two uneducated Muslims, but rather, drawn from strong scholars. (Look for the reference in the references at the end of each post.) Inshallah here you can find a list of all the classes with content available on the blog. Each link points to a page that describes the class, and lists all the entries from that class, as well as the blog categories that most entries from that class fall into.
Take advantage of the knowledge! Don’t let another minute pass you by!
- Breach of Covenant: Tafseer of the first juz of Surah Baqarah
- Chain of Command: The science of hadith. What are hadith? Why are they important? How do we separate the good from the not-so-good?
- Code of Scholars: The science of usool-ul-fiqh, the laws that derive fiqh.
- Conquest: History of the Khulafa: The lives of the four Khulafa Rashideen: Abu Bakr, ‘Umar, ‘Uthmaan, and ‘Ali.
- Fiqh of Da’wa: Everything you would ever want to know about da’wa–the best ways to give it, the da’wa of the Prophet, the da’wa of the Qur’an, even popular misconceptions and their refutations,
- Light of Guidance: Aqeedah 101: shirk, bid’ah, and kufr, from an aqeedah perspective.
- Light Upon Light: Fundamentals of Faith 102: Who is Allah (سبحانه وتعالى)? What are His great names and attributes?
- The Purification Act: Everything about tahara and salaah.
- Rays of Faith: The pillars of eman–the Angels, the Jinns, the Prophets, the Books, the Hereafter, Qada and Qadr.
- Rizq Management: Details on three pillars of Islam–Zakaah, Sawm, and Hajj.
- Route 114: Qur’anic Sciences: The science of Qur’an (Uloom-ul-Qur’an)–characteristics of the Qur’an and the revelation, one of the broadest sciences–it touches on many, many other Islamic sciences.
- Rules of Engagement: Islamic ethics, etiquettes, character attributes, and manners.
- The Shepherd’s Path: The seerah of the Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم), from pre-prophethood to death.
- Touched by an Angel: Tafseer of the last juz of the Qur’an, Juz Amma. What are some great lessons from that juz?